Category B Training (Non Licensed work with Asbestos) has been split into three categories...
B1 - Initial training where no previous Asbestos training has been given - 9hrs (including Asbestos Awareness training)
B2 - Initial training with previous Asbestos Awareness training (within 6 months) - 6hrs
B3 - Refresher training where B1 or B2 have been undertaken within the last 12 months - 3/4hrs
Training needs analysis will be undertaken prior to commencement and evidence of previous training must be provided.
Course aims: This course covers all you need to know on how to safely undertake work on non licensed asbestos containing materials and comprises of both theory and practical elements which is specifically matched to your trade. It also provides an overview of the current requirements of the Control of Asbestos Regulations and importantly defines what asbestos containing materials you can legally work on.
• Be familiar with what works are classified as non-licensed
• Be familiar with the control measures that will be required to undertake non-licensed work with asbestos containing materials
• How to undertake specific task as laid down in HSG210, Essential Task Manual including, but not limited to
• Drilling holes through AIB and textured coating
• Removal of small AIB panels
• Removal of asbestos cement based products
• Removal of articles containing asbestos such as floor tiles, gaskets etc.
• Understand the requirements to prevent the spread of asbestos and control exposure when working with non-licensed asbestos containing materials
• How to deal with the waste generated from undertaking tasks with non-licensed asbestos containing materials
• How to adequately decontaminate after working with non-licensed asbestos containing materials
• Asbestos awareness training
• Why the work is non-licensed;
• The need for employers to assess the work area, and make presumptions as to the type of asbestos contained within the material;
• The need to make a suitable and sufficient assessment of exposure;
• The need to prepare a suitable and sufficient plan of work;
• The requirement for notification, when and how to notify NNLW;
• The need for training when carrying out work on non-licensed work;
• How the employer should prevent exposure to employees when carrying out work with asbestos materials;
• Maintenance of control measures & use of control measures;
• Practical elements – decontamination, H-vac, RPE/PPE, basic tasks, waste packaging, storage, transport & disposal of asbestos waste;
• Provision and cleaning of personal protective equipment;
• Emergency procedures;
• Preventing the spread of asbestos;
• Cleanliness of premises and plant;
• Designated areas – Asbestos Zones;
• Air monitoring – the need for personal monitoring;
• Health records and medical surveillance for NNLW;
• Requirement of face fits
Certification: Upon successful completion of the end of the course assessment the candidates will receive a certificate of attendance supplied by the training provider.